Tuesday, September 04, 2007

FO - 2008 Red Scarf Project Twin Rib Scarf



Since MS#3 took a (temporary) powder on me, I knit on the Red Scarf last week. It think it turned out well - very classic and classy. I was a little disappointed in the yarn, but even with the knots and resulting extra Russian Joins, it has a nice hand and feels squooshy and warm. I did cast on another scarf, with the boucle that I used last year; it's a bit to girly to be considered 'uni-sex' enough for this years Red Scarf drive, so it will be going to the Cathedral's mitten, hat and scarf tree come Christmas time.

Pattern: Twin Rib from Barbara Walker (II, I think)(similar pattern here scroll down past the intro) for the Red Scarf Project

Materials: Superwash worsted weight wool by Nashua (source: Yarn Barn of Kansas)

Needles: US 8 Crystal Palace Bamboo

Notes: 8 inches by 60 inches lightly blocked. The red dye in the yarn ran for the wash and two rinses, but eventually ran clear.

No comments: