Thursday, September 06, 2007

not QUITE in 'bucket' territory - but close

Bell Choir started up today. I have been so looking forward to it.

We lost some members - some only during the HS football season, and some permanently. So we are down to a two octave ring. That means that the director had to move me from the high treble (very little bells - light weight) to the bottom of the treble clef. I now have the three bells just above middle C (ie: D5, Dsharp/Eflat5, and E5). These are the last, or just about the last, bells that most women ring. They are BIG and heavy! They are about a pound and a half each; whereas the little treble bells I rang last year were about 7 or 8 ounces apiece. I can feel the pull in my shoulders even an hour later.

But they are FUN. Lots of rhythm sections and a LOT more playing. I think I'm going to like it. Though I rather fumbled through the first piece, so did most of the others - we are all rusty after not playing for three months.

No comments: