Thursday, December 06, 2007

Weight Loss - Year 1 Week 16

Loss this week = -0.8 pounds
Loss on WW = -31.4 pounds
Total loss to date = -42.6

After the big loss last week, a small loss this week does not suprise me. I've noticed that I tend to loose in a pattern of a fairly large loss followed by a week or two of no loss or a very minor loss. Of the 16 weeks I've been on Weight Watchers, I've followed that pattern for the entire time. Week 4, 5, and 6 didn't swing QUITE as much, but there was a little over a pound difference between the best and smallest loss even in that time frame.

Good thing from that realization is that the 'lesser loss' weeks will no longer bother me so much. If I can look back on a 3 pound week (like last week) and know that another one of those will be coming along, it will be easier. The flip side is that I have to stay OP (on program) all the time. I can't use the pattern for an excuse to overeat or under exercise.

At 16 weeks, you get a little charm for committment that goes on your 10% keyring. I'm proud of the fact that I've gone every week these first four months. The accountability of that weekly weigh in is key, I think. I also like my meeting group and leader a LOT - very high energy and friendly.

No comments: