Friday, September 28, 2007

Movement on the Bays (and a vampire digression)



Yes, two COMPLETED gussets on the Dublin Bay socks! I knit watching TV tonight! I know that for a lot of you, that's routine, but I watch VERY little television. A few shows on HGTV and an occasional special on the History Channel and A&E. Sometimes PBS Mystery! or Masterpiece Theater, but only if it's a series that I adore.

BUT CBS snagged me in. I absolutely loved Forever Knight back in the late 1980s. And back when I played RPGs (Role Playing Games), my favorite world was Vampire: the Masquerade, where I played a Gangrel with a military past and sense of honor. Moonlight is another in the same genre. The vampires are the good guys (at least one of them is). It's a little early to tell (what with the first show of any series needing to set up all the characters), but it looks like a fun series. And the lead is serious eye candy!

And a full hour of knit time means sock progress!


The lace detail alongside the gussets turned out well, I think.

I need to put these aside for a while and catch up on Hanami. The next assignment is out today and I'm not even half way through the last one!

No comments: