Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sockapalooza 4 Introduction

I feel like I've been in line outside some fabulous, exclusive club. You can see the beautiful people going in and the faint sounds of the music coming out. But the doorman won't open the door for you LOL.

These are the last pair I finished. My second toe up pair and my travel project for church functions during Lent. Several people made it a point to come over and see how they were going at the Wednesday service/parish meal each week. While many of my watchers had knit socks, the whole 'toe up with an afterthought heel' seemed to fascinate them. Pattern is my own, with the 'easy toe' from the Knitty toe up article. Material is Sockatta wool/cotton blend.

And the current socks OTN. Pattern is the Horcrux Sox pattern from the Six Sox KnitaLong on Yahoo Groups. Material is Baby Ull from Dalegarn.

Last year, I was a sock savior (Hi Natty!). This year I'm looking forward to being a full participant. Can't wait to see who I'll be knitting for.


##################################

I think we broke Blogger!!! People are having trouble with the Blogger blog for Sockapalooza 4. I finally (after two days of trying) got registered, but now I can't post! ;-( So I'm saving my post here for when they get us up and running.

No comments: