Friday, March 02, 2007

Damaris is in the home stretch



I've been working on Damaris this week (except for Wednesday, when I took the toe up sock to church with me). And she's in the home stretch! I finished all the over two cross stitching. All that is left is the over one. Damaris Underwood 12345678

I should be able to finish this up on the next round. I'm thinking that this one will be framed in a very plain black frame. No matting is traditional on antique samplers, which will help keep the cost down. I'll probably put it together myself, just have the frame shop cut me a piece of acid free foam core to go in the frame.

I like to lace my samplers, that's archival and easier to do than you'd think. Considering how much the frame shops charge for that, I'm not sure why more people don't do it themselves.

No comments: