Wednesday, February 21, 2007

In a bit of a funk and Ash Wednesday.

I am SO disappointed about the Old Shale socks. I love the pattern, and the clever shaping that I raved about here, I love the Koigu yarn that I chose for them and they are PURPLE!

Alas, with the non-fitting and the frogging, I have put them aside temporarially. They will make a reappearance in the very near future; I suspect that I will not be able to resist for long.

I actually picked up the "black blob o'doom' afghan this week. It is the only thing OTN at the moment. What is WRONG with me??? Actually several people (Wendy and Sarah, even Jerry of 'When Knitting was a Manly Art') have mentioned lately that they have the knitting blahs.

I think that after the holidays I just crash. Work gets crazy for accountant types this time of year and there are also personal taxes to do. This year I have to file for the Marine!Goth. Yes, he's eligible for an extension since he's deployed, but as simple as his are (income only and short form), there's no reason to wait.

To everything there is a season.

Speaking of which, I went to Ash Wednesday service at the Cathedral this morning. It was a simple Morning Prayer and it was wonderful to just be there in the silence with people you've known since you were 11 and think about the turning of cycles and sacrifice.

"Remember, oh man, that dust thou art, and to dust thou shalt return."

Sounds rather morbid, doesn't it? Well, in some ways it is. But it also promises to the beliver that this existence is not all there is. That primoridal 'dust' was held in our Creator's hands, felt His breath bring it to life. And in the end, we will return to His hands, to a Father's touch.

No comments: