Thursday, February 15, 2007

How clever



This sock pattern (Violet's Old Shale)is about the neatest thing since sliced bread! You knit the lace cuff, turn the entire thing inside out - while it is STILL ON THE NEEDLES. Knit one round plain for a purl turning row on the right side. At this point, you are kniting in the opposite direction! There's a little gap when you get back around to the start of the round, so you close it with a lifted stitch knit together with the first stitch of the rouns.

Then off you go with ribbing that will just hug your ankle under the fancy girly lacy cuff. It will keep the sock up - a place where lace socks often fail. I really should stop and cast on the second sock. I know I'll regret it if I don't, but I want to see how the whole leg thing works!

No comments: