Friday, February 09, 2007

FO Odessa

Tonight this:

becomes this:

I tell you, it is MAGIC.

However, I also discovered that I have absolutely NO item in this house that is head shaped and sized in order to adequately display a hat in it's newly finished state.

So Odessa will have to pose flat, poor thing.



Details:

Pattern by Gumperina for MagKnits Feb 06 issue, pattern here.

Materials: One ball (50g)of Rowan Cashsoft DK (merino, microfiber, cashmere) in SH501. There was a little left over, not so little that I worried about running out, though.

Needles: US 4 and 6

Mods: Left off the beads. This if for my Mother in Law and she worries that the 'beads will fall off'. I tried to explain that they were knit in, not attached later, but she worries and won't wear things with beads on them. So no beads for Oma's hat.

Notes: I've raved before, that this is a great gift hat. Multi sized due to the fact that the yarn is stretchy AND this is a rib based pattern. I love the way that the spirals continue uninterupted through the decreases. Very clever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See I do read your blog.

Nice hat! I need to make one for myself. My head has been freezing lately and I realized I am a hatless knitter.

I might make the knit lawrence meet up depending on how the day goes. If I come I'll be late though.

Dee Anna