Thursday, October 26, 2006

Almost a Finished Object



Done, done, done. The bindoff on Escher's Leaves is finished (with the help of a glass or two of a young, but nice Pinot Noir (see the glass in the background?). I will be blocking it this weekend - and packing.

Yep, the Marine Corps Ball for JC's unit is next Thursday (a week from today). Katie and I are flying out. And my dress is gorgeous!!! It's about the color of the Diva!Scarf and has copper embroidery and gunmetal gray beading on the bodice and lapels and cuffs of the jacket. I haven't had a formal dress since my college days (wedding dresses don't count). I'm giddy with excitement.

I almost wish it didn't have a jacket so that I could wear a shawl with it, but it's perfect the way it is. BUT - I can't find shoes to go with it - much hunting for footwear this weekend.

No comments: