Saturday, September 30, 2006

FO - SSKAL - Snake Skin Scales Socks



They are done and blocking!!!

Materials: Koigu KPPPM (colorway P516180) (2 full skeins and part of a third).

Needles: US1

Pattern: Snake Skin / Scales Skin Socks - a exclusive pattern for the Six Soxs KAL Yahoo group by Michelle Fischer (aka SoapFiberGal)

Notes and Mods: Did the largest size (72 stitch CO). Changed the cast on to provisional and the hem to the three needle version instead of the 'pick up from the cast on edge' in the pattern as written. Subbed out an Eye of Partridge heel flap instead of staying in the scales pattern. (I'm hard on my heels and the long horizontal floats wouldn't withstand the wear that I put my socks through, I'm afraid.) Wedge toe with a star CO instead of a Round Toe with a kitchnered CO - just four rounds difference, after all.

Comments: Love the texture! These are certainly heavy socks, though, for winter wear. The combo of the pattern and the flecked yarn and the cool picot edge are so reptilian. I'm very pleased with the way these turned out.

By the way, here's how my socks actually dry on the blockers in the bathroom sink:


This project started here, I raved over the reptilian cuff, and the eye of partridge heel. I misplaced them over the Labor Day weekend at the office, but they came back, and were better than ever. Great project and done ON TIME!

No comments: