Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The OTHER big, black project

Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us
It occurs to me that I have never shown a picture of the project that seems to be lingering on the side bar. It's not lingering because I don't like it, or because it's not getting any knit time. It's lingering because it's BIG.

It's an afgan. Current dimensions are 47 inches wide by 30 inches long; planned final dimesions are 47 by 62. I am nearing the end of one of the three skeins of yarn.

Materials are Caron acrylics - yes, I know, fake wool - but this is going to be a 'roll around on the sofa that my dog gets up on' afgan. Indestructable works better for me than AbFab. Two strands are carried together on size 17 US needles. One strand is solid black - a full pound of "Simply Soft", the other is "Rainbow Dreams" in colorway Maritime. You can't really tell it from the photo, but there's a traveling rib pattern, bordered by a couple of inches of garter stitch.

This combination of yarn and needlesize is hard on my hands, so I can only knit a row or so at a time. Therefore, this baby is going to hang around in the sidebar for quite a while yet. It is NOT a UFO, though, since progress (however slow) is still being made.

No comments: