Friday, April 14, 2006

FO - the Smoke Ring with Lace Edging

My, my. Give K a day off without a billion things to do and volia! Finished Objects. Here is the unblocked Lace cowl.Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

And here it is after blocking.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I ended up not pinning out the loops around the face and just friction blocking (no pins) the bottom lace. I think it might benefit from another blocking (in the round) for just the bottom lace alone.

Pattern: "Smoke Ring with Lace Edging" by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer of HeartStrings Fiber Arts.

Needles: US 6 Addi Turbos (and a pain they were - not pointy enough for the decreases)

Yarn: Jaggerspun "Zephyr" in colorway "Plum" from the Yarn Barn in Lawrence, KS

Notes: Begun with a provisional caston. Added a 25 round repeat of stocking stitch between lace pattern repeat 3 and 4 to add length. See here for my take on the decorative bind off for the 'face' end.

Comments: I love this wimple, it's feminine and lovely. Had fun blocking a tube, though. I ended up having to put a clean cotton tea towel down the middle of the thing to keep the two layers from sticking together.

Previous Posts: Failed Olympic Dreams, UFO Rescue, In Progress 1, In Progress 2

No comments: