Saturday, November 08, 2008

Stitching update for the week of 11/2 to 11/7/2008

Well, this week my stitching was on Teresa Wentzler's "Millennium". I finished up the last part of the globe and moved to the over one on St. Michael's face this week. And that filled my 5 hours plus a bit. I will start on the backstitching when this comes back up in the rotation.

The one thing I have always been a bit hesitant about on this piece is the purple shadows along the cheekbones. I thought when I first looked at the cover photo that the angels looked bruised LOL. So when I stitched that area, I went one shade lighter on the purples and also did some half (top) crosses with the darkest skin color (847 If I remember correctly) in order to break up the heavy diagonal and vertical lines of the purple and dark rose areas. I think I've managed to not muck up the contour and still keep the angel from looking like he's been in a fistfight *G.

In a way, I'm always so unsure if it's a good idea to change anything - especially on a pictorial. But between the anchor and lettering redesign on the USMC seal and this, I'm getting a bit more confident in adapting a designer's work. Nowhere near designing my OWN patterns, though.

No comments: