Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bento Love!



I'm so excited. I've been packing my lunches since even before I started on WW for four days out of five on average. I discovered the joy of bento lunches while looking for low point packed lunch ideas and have wanted one of the cute little boxes for ages. I put a new lunch box on my Secret Santa list at the office and noted that I'd love a bento box.

And M, bless her, delivered not one but TWO so cute little two tier 330/250 ml bento boxes! Both are in this blue colorway (different designs - happy balloon and polkadot) with a little lunch bag, the fork and spoon (no chopsticks, but that's ok), and the niffy little strap that holds everything together. It's really remarkable how much food you can cram into one of these LOL.

Todays lunch was (top tray) a half chicken breast cut into strips, 3/4 cup cooked whole wheat pasta in olive oil, (bottom tray) assorted cold raw veggies (carrots, celery, 3 cherry tomato) and dried plums. There was room in the bag for a piece of string cheese and an apple and a small yogurt (not shown). Not bad for breakfast, lunch and two snacks! And all for about 14 points!

Just looking at my lunch makes me smile. The top of the box has a cute saying in rather fractured English - "The life that bounced." How RIGHT for me! I am bouncing - bouncing back from Walt's death and bouncing with more energy than I've had in ages.

The other one says "love me little, love me long" - which I take as a good omen for the future. I'm going to go to the kitchen and pack that one for tomorrow.

No comments: