Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Turning the corners on the Bays



I turned the heels on the Dublin Bay socks last night after I got back from EFM and picked up the stitches for the gussets. This is always a totally magical moment for me - the point where a sock changes in just a few minutes from a slightly deformed tube (deformed due to the heel flap) into something that actually LOOKS like a sock in progress! I never get tired of it and every time, I stop and admire the half finished pair.

The original designer of the Dublin Bay pattern stopped the lace at the start of the gusset area. But I very deliberately moved those two lace panels into the center by three stitches on each side so that I could continue the lace all the way down to the toes. We'll see how it looks when the gussets are done.

No comments: