Monday, June 25, 2007

FO - two baby hats for charity



These two little cotton roll brim hats will be going to Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral's outreach mission in Haiti. GHT is the cathedral of the next door diocese to ours - just over the state line in Missouri. I was very blessed to attend a knitting retreat with several of the members and one of their priests there last weekend.

There is a knitting ministry at MY cathedral, but it's focused on prayer shawls. I prefer smaller charity knitting - projects that I can work on in the car, over my lunch hour, etc.

These hats for newborns were SO easy. Dishcloth cotton (Lily "Sugar 'n Cream" in colorway 'Buttercream')

Needles size US 7

The pattern is widely available online, but this one without the embelishments is very close to what I used. One is topped off with a tuff of yarn, the other with a loop of I-cord.

I'll be mailing them off tomorrow.

No comments: