Sunday, July 01, 2007

Lace on my mind....

Despite having THREE pairs of lace socks in the line up (the pink Sockapalooza "Hedras", the *now for myself* mint green "Dublin Bays" and the *not yet cast on* white "Victorian Lace" for SSKAL), I did something VERY foolish today.

I signed up for Mystery Stole #3. Last summer, during "The Amazing Lace", I admired the WIPs for the Mystery Stole #2 and lamented that I didn't know about it in time to sign up last time. Evidently, I'm not the only one - the group went from 1000 participants last year to 4000 this time!

Signups are open til the morning of Friday July 6, and even though we have the materials list/gauge swatch and the first week's instructions, there's still time to catch up.

I've ordered some Zephyr wool/silk from the NotSoLocal Yarn Store. I liked this yarn since I used it last year for my entry in the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. I think I'll go down a needle size or maybe two this time. While I like the airy softness of the cowl, the YOs in the thing are just a bit overscale. There is a REASON that I put those two big areas of stocking stitch in there; they give some badly needed structure.

So I'm planning to really go to town on the Headra socks this week - I need to get them off the needles before the stole hijacks my good intentions!

ETA: Deadline is Midnight Friday, per the Yarn Harlot, who has joined us. And the knitter count is up to 5000. The mind boggles - also, the inbox bulges! That many knitters means a LOT of traffic on a Yahoo group. Even on digest, I'm getting several emails an hour. I have a feeling I'd better switch to special notices and take it off my work mail LOL.

Further Edit: final knitter count 6700!!!!!

No comments: