Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Switching from purple to red....

The NSLYS is having a pre-inventory yarn sale this week and I did the credit card some DAMAGE this morning *G*.


This DaleGarn "Tuir" and some Rowan Cashsoft DK for the lining. All destined to become Hello Yarn's "We Call them Pirates" beanie. For the Marine!Goth, of course.

And there are two more balls of the Rowan Cashsoft - in cream and pale mauve pink (which I can't seem to get a decent color photo of) which will become two of Gumperina's "Odessa" hat. The cream is for my mom. I'm going to be getting very pale pink and blue beads for it to match her lace scarf (which was, by the way, a great Christmas hit!). The pink is for my MIL, no beads on that one. Oma is not a bead person.

And last, but far from least, two cones of assorted red mill ends - some rayon chenille that I'll use double or even tripled and a lush nylon/poly boucle. Both are going to be machine washable scarves for the Red Scarf Project.

Due to the last minute Christmas knitting, I am WAY late getting started on my Red Scarf Project scarf.

I doubt that I'll get both scarves done in time to mail them in by the end of January, but it's not like I won't need one next year this time. I'm going to start with a bias scarf in garter stitch. The boucle is so very loopy and bumpy that any stitch pattern at all will be totally lost, so garter is the way to go with it.

Cast on two stitches and AWAY we go......
Isn't that a lush color? It's called "persimmon" according to the label on the inside of the cone.

I kind of cobbled the pattern together, but similar patterns are Maia's "Red Scarf" (pdf file), and Tangleweave's "Easy Bias Scarf".

No comments: