Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My other addiction

I am a life long addict to the written word. And I don't ever WANT to be cured. I'm not sure how I stumbled across it, a random link on someone's blog, I am sure. But I have joined Knit the Classics. This will be great - a book club AND a knitting group combination. This could have been MADE for me.

It will also force me to read something other than the 'Doritos for the mind' that I've been distracting myself with. You know, those books or fan fiction offerings or web published novels that have very little substance. Yes, even a badly written work is enough for me some days. It's like crack, I tell you. *G* ::gravely voice:: "Come'er little girl, just try a taste of this Barbara Cartland romance, this Andre Norton sci fi, this Anne McCaffery fantasy....... Heheheee, now try to decide if you want to spend all your descressionary money at the yarn store or at Barnes and Noble." ::evil cackle:: Phooey to the book pusher - I have methadone (aka the Public Library). Also note, not that I consider Norton or McCaffery to be 'doritos' authors, they were just the ones that I read voraciously in Junior High, which is when I REALLY got hooked on books.

I'm not going to try to go back to list and review all the books that I've read so far this year. But as I finish books from here on out, I'm going to do a quick one or two paragraph review. And next year, I WILL count them.

On the actual knitting front - the Widow's Shawl looks the same as Sunday, just with a few more rows between the open work and the needle. And it will probably be about as interesting as watching grass grow until it makes the jump to the long needles. And boring again until the border comes along and boring yet again until the blocking. I need to start a sock *G*.

No comments: