Saturday, January 05, 2008

Body progress

Went down to the YMCA with several of the gals from work. It looks like there will be five of us doing the YWCA Get Fit Topeka challenge.

The good news is comparing my current measurements to what I was when I started Weight Watchers, I am much healthier. BMI is down 7.1, out of morbid obese to the lower part of "extremely obese". I've also lost 15.5 inches (measure at upper arm, bust, waist, hips and upper thigh). But there's a long way to go to get to a fit BMI and the measurements that I want to be at.

So, in celebration, I went to the running store here in town and spent my Christmas money (and then some). (And fell off the treadmill during the gait analysis, but the less said about that the better! It was totally my fault; I am SUCH a klutz!) I now have - a proper sports bra, cool moisture wicking socks and the nicest pair of walking shoes. Also yoga pants! Yep, I signed up for a twice a week yoga class at the Y. I plan to add strength training soon, too.

In some ways, I don't recognize myself. Where is the couch potato that would drive around and around in order to find the closest parking spot. Who would NEVER walk anywhere if she could drive. Somewhere in the last month, when I wasn't looking, something fundamental about me changed. Now I just want to cement that change into a life-long habit. I was fit and lean once, and let it slip away from me. I don't want that to happen again.

BTW - hit 2 miles at Washburn on Friday morning!

No comments: