Saturday, September 15, 2007

Hanami - week 2



This is just a smidge over 1/4 of the way through the charts. I have NO extra yarn for more repeats and I'm thinking this looks like a long scarf size instead of a dramatic evening wrap.

Here's hoping that blocking will make a MAJOR difference. This Fino yarn is new to me. It is alpaca and silk, which I have never used together before. I have no idea how it blocks, and since I have JUST enough yardage (I hope), I didn't bind off or block my swatch. Once I had figured out the beaded edge and knew I liked the size of the YO's, I frogged it all and used it directly for the cast on edge.

Blocking this will be an adventure LOL. Luckily, if I DO run out of yarn, the very last area is a simple 4 row repeat, so it won't matter much if I shorten that section by a repeat or two. I'll stick a lifeline in about 8 rows before the end, so if push comes to shove, I can frog back and start the edge ruffle area there.

No comments: