Monday, January 01, 2007

Stitching and knitting plan for the new year

Every year I try to set myself some goals for my crafts. These goals are very loose and are often preempted by the new!shiney!project that comes up in a knit group or forum. But I do like plan a bit of structure.

Two main goals this year are to have no more than two knitting projects open at a time. One large or complex for knitting on at home and one small portable project for lunch/travel/on the road knitting.


Hats for Christmas 2007
Mom (Gumperina's 'Odessa')
Oma (MIL)(Gumperina's 'Odessa')
Katie (Knitty's 'Shedir')
JC (Hello Yarn's 'Call them Pirates' in black and red)
Kimi - Edit to add - she covets Oma's pink Odessa! but likes beads.

Obligation knitting
the house socks for Lori at work - as soon as she gets me her measurements
another baby basket of washcloths for Lisa at work (too many pg people!!)
Sockapalooza 4

ProBono knitting
Red Scarf Project
Cast Covers for the Soldier's Angels Knit Project
Something for the Dulann project
NEW - Charmed Knits Hats project

for myself
Cabled watchcap to match my IHS
Shawl - Icarus? (ended up with Hanami instead)
Sweater - EZ Aspen?
Socks!!! lots of socks *G*
- BroadRipple Hybrid
- Chain Link (Six Sox KAL)

No comments: