Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Musings on Christmas presents:

First of all, the shower gifts were a tremendous success. All three mom's to be were impressed by getting hand made gifts. I found cool bins at Bed, Bath and Beyond - canvas ones over a wire frame that are the perfect size to corral baby changing table clutter.

I cast on for Katie's Christmas gift - the "Interlocking Balloons" scarf from Scarf Style. And I think it's going to be too complex to finish in time for Christmas. BUT, I have a back up plan.

She was fascinated by the Irish Hiking Scarf, which I cast on during our first joint trip to Camp Lejeune. I think that if I don't get the Interlocking Balloons done, I'll gift that one to her for this Christmas. (Thus breaking my rule of not knitting gifts in front of the intended recipient! But does it count if you finish the project BEFORE you decide to give it to them?)

Likewise, I have nothing for my Mother in Law. The Widow's Shawl is just a smidge small for me, so it will be perfect for someone five inches shorter (and correspondingly shorter in the arm length). My mom gets the Little Leaf Lace scarf and my sister gets the Diva!Scarf.

You'll notice that the Marine!Goth doesn't have anything on that list. He's not really enamored of my knitting. And he wants an iPod to be able to take his music when he deploys. So that's in the works.

Technically, gift knitting is provisionaly completed. So I can work on getting the house cleaned up before JC's leave starts!! Also need to get the bathroom painted! It will be a busy month and I don't expect to get much knitting done until after the first of the year.

No comments: